In this podcast, we are focusing on how to build a terrarium. Building a terrarium is both fun and easy. However, because a terrarium is a self-contained ecosystem, you will want to be sure to set it up properly the first time, making sure to use the correct materials. Take the time to buy a high quality potting soil and select the plants which will be the most appropriate for your terrarium.
Here is a list of the supplies you will need to build your terrarium:
- One terrarium with air holes or a glass jar without a lid. A glass fishbowl or a pickle jar will do nicely.
- Small gravel or aquarium gravel
- High quality potting soil
- Sphagnum moss
- Plants—two or three plants for every 3 L of space. Be sure to avoid any fuzzy leaved plants as they will hold water and are susceptible to rotting.
- Decorative accessories such as stone or driftwood. Use your imagination!
If you have a question for us here at Her Gardening Blog, please leave a comment below the podcast. We will be happy to answer your questions and build an entire podcast around them. Enjoy!