So your moving? You have found the perfect house and are packing boxes. Now is the time for you to start thinking about and planning for your lawn and garden needs. Here are a few simple tips to make your move smoother:
- Keep all your lawn and garden items together – because these tools are often oddly shaped it is easy for them to end up in all sorts of places throughout the moving truck
- Pack them together – odd shaped items can be hard to pack but if you use things like work gloves and potting soil bags to fill in spaces having it all together can be a real time saver
- Know where your lawn and garden items should go – often these items get thrown off to the side when unpacking the truck and can then be strewn all over the house and garage. Plan a little space and have everything put there to begin with
- Don’t tackle the whole house and yard all at once – whether the house is perfectly manicured or a complete wreck, doing a little each day will get you a lot further then trying to do it all at once; getting burnt out; and never finishing
- Don’t forget this is something you are supposed to do to make you like your house more – even if you community has standards your lawn has to be kept to remember your house first and foremost needs to be a HOME
Moving can be stressful enough! Take your time and enjoy the process and you will reap the rewards for a long time to come.